I am continuing to update the OpenGD77 and a have made structural changes to both the firmware source code as well as moving moving the Tier 2 development files into the “master” branch of my GitHub repository.
As I am no longer actively updating the Tier 1 version of the OpenGD77 firmware, I’ve made some changes to my GitHub repository to reflect this.
I’ve made a separate “branch” in the repo in case I need to do any bug fixes on the Tier 1 version
But I changes to the Tier1 version will be limited to only fixing crash bugs, and the Tier1 version will not be getting any of the new features I’m adding to the Tier 2 version
To download the latest build of the Tier 2 version, use this link
This version, will not have been extensively tested, but I will endeavor to update date the link if any serious problems are reported to me.
Note. The old link in my previous posts, which was to the Tier2 branch of the repository will no longer be updated.
I’ve also made some structural changes to the source code, and renamed the “menu” folder to “user_interface” to more accurately reflect the purpose of the files in that folder, and the VFO and Channel screen source code files have been renamed to start with “ui” rather than “menu” as these screens are not accessed via the menu’s, but are the primary user interface screens for the radio.
I have also been trying to investigate the DMR signal dropout problem which has been reported to me by 2 people, however at the moment I have not been able to replicate it on any of my radios.
I’ve looked at the calibration data which has been set to me by F6GVE, but his radio does not seen to have any calibration settings which look a lot different from my radios, so the problem does not seem to relate to calibration, unless perhaps the calibration of these radios is somehow incorrect.
I’m waiting for someone local to me in Melbourne to have this problem as it will allow me to see hands what the problem is, and possibly try some solutions.
I also plan to update the CPS so that it is able to read and possibly write the Calibration data from the OpenGD77 firmware, but I am running out of time today (Sunday) as its already lunchtime and I have loads of other non-GD77 things I should be getting on with 😉